EndoTODAY | EndoATLAS | Outpatient Clinic
Parasite | Esophagus | Stomach | Cancer | ESD
Home | Guide | Author | Search | Blog | Links
[Peripheral T cell lymphoma of the GI tract]
1. Origin of T cell and PTCL
- The T-cells are born from stem cells, similar to that of B-cells, but mature in the thymus.
- They help the immune system work in a coordinated fashion.
2016 WHO 분류
2. Gastrointestinal T cell lymphoma
- Owing to the rarity the ideal treatment remains controversial.
- Primary surgery followed by CCT is best.
- A higher frequency of intestinal perforation and bleeding noted by some if Sx is omitted.
- In the largest series by Daum et al (n = 35, J Clin Oncol 21:2740-2746), 2yr OS was 28% only
- In another large series by Gale et al (n = 31, J Clin Oncol 2000;18:795), 5-year OS was 19.7%,and 5-year failure-free survival rate was only 3.2%.
PTCL: chronic diarrhea, loss of weight (15 kg), and night sweat
Colon T cell lymphoma
Colon T cell lymphoma
T cell lymphoma of the terminal ileum
만성복통. 수개월 검사 후 jejunal obstruction으로 수술하여 진단한 PTCL
3. PTCL of the stomach
- Rare (7% of the stomach lymphomas, from Japan)
- Thought to be of viral origin
- Human T-cell leukemia virus (HTLV-1) and Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)
- Any role for HP in the development of gastric T-cell lymphomas is not known
- Sometimes, it may be difficult to diagnose gastric T-cell lymphomas based on superficial biopsies of the stomach
- The depth of the biopsy will determine the diagnostic accuracy of the procedure Gastric T-cell lymphomas reportedly have worse prognoses than their B-cell counterparts
4. Endoscopic findings of PTCL of the stomach
5. Screening endoscopy에서 발견된 gastric PTCL
6. Rapidly growing stomach T cell lymphoma
위내시경과 대장내시경을 동시에 받은 분입니다. 대장용종절제술을 하였고 deep SM invasion을 보여 수술적 치료를 위하여 의뢰되었습니다.
대장암에 대한 workup으로 시행한 CT에서 위벽 비후와 림프절 전이가 발견되어 첫 내시경 4주 후 다시 위내시경을 시행하였고 위주름 비후와 깊은 궤양이 발견되었습니다.
위내시경 조직검사에서 T cell lymphoma로 나왔습니다. 4주 간격의 내시경에서 큰 모양의 변화를 보였는데, 이는 매우 빨리 자랄 수 있다는 lymphoma의 특징 중 하나입니다. 사실 첫 내시경에서 약간의 위주름 비후가 있었던 것 같기도 합니다.
조직 진단: Peripheral T-cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified, CD 30-positive
. CD 30 : Positive in tumor cells (>80%)
. CD 4, (Leu-3a) : Positive in tumor cells
. β- F 1 : Positive in tumor cells
. TIA-1, T cell : Positive in tumor cells
. CD 8, (Leu-2a) : Negative in tumor cells
. CD 20, L26 : Negative in tumor cells
. Ki-67 : Positive in about 50% of tumor cells
. CD 3, T-CELL : Positive in tumor cells
. Epstein-Barr virus : Negative
7. Indolent type GI T cell lymphoproliferative disease
© 일원내시경교실 바른내시경연구소 이준행. EndoTODAY Endoscopy Learning Center. Lee Jun Haeng.