EndoTODAY | EndoATLAS | OPD
Parasite | Eso | Sto | Cancer | ESD
Boxim | DEX | Sono | Schedule
Home | Recent | Blog | Links
[Gastric cancer 774. ESD for EGC (very old gentleman)]
Previous | Next
001 | 101 | 201 | 301 | 401 | 501 | 601 | 701 | 801 | 901 | 1000
ESD for EGC of an elderly gentlemen was done. He was 98 years old by his ID (주민등록증). He said that he is actually a little bit younger than that. Anyway still very elderly.
ESD : Early gastric carcinoma
1. Location : proximal antrum, anterior wall
2. Gross type : EGC type IIc
3. Histologic type : tubular adenocarcinoma, moderately differentiated
4. Histologic type by Lauren : intestinal
5. Size of carcinoma : (1) longest diameter, 14 mm (2) vertical diameter, 8 mm
6. Depth of invasion : invades mucosa (muscularis mucosa) (pT1a)
7. Resection margin : free from carcinoma(N), safety margin : distal 10 mm, proximal 7 mm, anterior 10 mm, posterior 8 mm, deep 600 ㎛
8. Lymphatic invasion : not identified(N)
9. Venous invasion : not identified(N)
10. Perineural invasion : not identified(N)
11. Microscopic ulcer : absent
12. Histologic heterogeneity: absent
There is a debate about the upper age limit of the screening endoscopy. By the data, it is 75 years. In the daily practice, it seems to be 200 years.
I wonder whether follow-up examinations are necessary for him. I would not recommend, but he may want some tests. I don't know what to do.
* Reference: EndoTODAY 건진 위내시경을 몇 세에 중단할 것인가?
© 일원내시경교실 바른내시경연구소 이준행. EndoTODAY Endoscopy Learning Center. Lee Jun Haeng. (2019-8-5)